Is it possible to hide the Language bar in Windows 8.1?
If you are using Windows 8.1 and find the Language bar to be a distraction, you may want to hide it. The Language bar is a tool that allows you to switch between different input languages and keyboard layouts. It is usually located in the taskbar, but it can be hidden if you prefer not to see it.
Here are the steps to hide the Language bar in Windows 8.1:
1. Right-click on the taskbar and select “Properties.”
2. Click on the “Taskbar” tab.
3. Under the “Notification area” section, click on the “Customize” button.
4. Scroll down until you find the “Input Indicator” option.
5. Click on the drop-down menu next to it and select “Hide icon and notifications.”
6. Click “OK” to save the changes.
Once you have completed these steps, the Language bar should no longer be visible in the taskbar. If you ever need to access it again, you can follow the same steps and select “Show icon and notifications” instead.
It is important to note that hiding the Language bar does not disable it. You can still switch between input languages and keyboard layouts using the keyboard shortcut “Windows key + Spacebar.” If you prefer not to use the Language bar at all, you can also remove any additional input languages and keyboard layouts from your system.
In conclusion, hiding the Language bar in Windows 8.1 is a simple process that can help you declutter your taskbar. If you find it to be a distraction, follow the steps outlined above to hide it.
In conclusion, I hope that the steps provided were helpful in hiding the Language bar in Windows 8.1. Remember that you can always access it again if needed and that removing additional input languages and keyboard layouts can also help simplify your system. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
- How to Choose the Right Platform to Build an eCommerce - February 15, 2024
- How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 11 or Windows 10 ISO file - February 12, 2024
- How to fix error code 0X800CCC0F - February 12, 2024