MS Word keeps crashing when opening any document.
If you are experiencing issues with MS Word crashing when opening any document, it can be frustrating and time-consuming. However, there are several solutions that you can try to fix this problem. Here are some steps you can take:
1. Check for updates: Make sure that your MS Word is up to date. Sometimes, outdated software can cause issues like crashing. To check for updates, go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
2. Disable add-ins: Add-ins can sometimes cause issues with MS Word. To disable add-ins, go to File > Options > Add-ins. Select COM Add-ins from the Manage drop-down menu and click Go. Uncheck any add-ins that are enabled and click OK.
3. Repair MS Office: If the above steps do not work, you can try repairing MS Office. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Find Microsoft Office in the list of programs and click Change. Select Repair and follow the prompts.
4. Disable hardware acceleration: Hardware acceleration can sometimes cause issues with MS Word. To disable it, go to File > Options > Advanced. Scroll down to the Display section and uncheck the box next to “Disable hardware graphics acceleration.”
5. Disable antivirus software: Antivirus software can sometimes interfere with MS Word. Try disabling your antivirus software temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
6. Reinstall MS Office: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reinstall MS Office. Make sure to back up any important documents before doing so.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the issue of MS Word crashing when opening any document. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
I hope these solutions help you resolve the issue of MS Word crashing when opening any document. If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to Microsoft support for assistance. Good luck!
- How to Choose the Right Platform to Build an eCommerce - February 15, 2024
- How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 11 or Windows 10 ISO file - February 12, 2024
- How to fix error code 0X800CCC0F - February 12, 2024