How to install CAB file in Windows 10?
If you have a CAB file that you need to install on your Windows 10 computer, you can do so using the built-in File Explorer utility. CAB files are compressed archives that contain various files and folders, and they are commonly used to distribute software updates, drivers, and other system files.
Here’s how to install a CAB file in Windows 10:
1. Locate the CAB file on your computer. You can usually find it in your Downloads folder or wherever you saved it.
2. Right-click on the CAB file and select “Extract All” from the context menu. This will open the “Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders” wizard.
3. Follow the prompts in the wizard to extract the contents of the CAB file to a folder on your computer. You can choose any location you like, but make sure you remember where you extracted the files.
4. Once the extraction is complete, open File Explorer and navigate to the folder where you extracted the files.
5. Double-click on the “Setup.exe” or “Install.exe” file to begin the installation process. Follow the prompts in the installer to complete the installation.
6. Once the installation is complete, you can delete the folder where you extracted the files, if you like.
That’s it! You should now have successfully installed the contents of the CAB file on your Windows 10 computer. If you encounter any issues during the installation process, make sure you have administrative privileges on your computer and that your antivirus software is not blocking the installation.
I hope this guide was helpful in installing your CAB file on Windows 10. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to ask. Good luck with your installation!
- How to Choose the Right Platform to Build an eCommerce - February 15, 2024
- How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 11 or Windows 10 ISO file - February 12, 2024
- How to fix error code 0X800CCC0F - February 12, 2024