How do I fix â€œworking on updates 100% complete?â€
If you are a Windows user, you might have come across the message â€œworking on updates 100% completeâ€ while trying to shut down your computer. This message indicates that your computer is installing updates and it is not safe to turn off your computer until the process is complete. However, sometimes the update process can get stuck at 100% and your computer might not shut down properly. This can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can do to fix this issue.
Here are some steps you can take to fix the â€œworking on updates 100% completeâ€ issue:
1. Wait it out: Sometimes, the update process can take a while to complete. If you see the message â€œworking on updates 100% completeâ€ for more than an hour, you can try to wait it out and see if the process completes on its own.
2. Restart your computer: If waiting doesnâ€™t work, you can try to restart your computer. Press and hold the power button on your computer until it shuts down. Then, turn it back on and see if the update process continues.
3. Boot into Safe Mode: If restarting your computer doesnâ€™t work, you can try to boot into Safe Mode. To do this, press the F8 key repeatedly while your computer is starting up. This will bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select â€œSafe Modeâ€ and press Enter. Once you are in Safe Mode, try to restart your computer and see if the update process continues.
4. Use System Restore: If none of the above steps work, you can try to use System Restore to restore your computer to a previous state. To do this, go to the Start menu and search for â€œSystem Restoreâ€. Follow the prompts to restore your computer to a previous state.
5. Reset your computer: If all else fails, you can try to reset your computer. This will erase all your files and settings, so make sure you back up your important files before doing this. To reset your computer, go to the Start menu and search for â€œReset this PCâ€. Follow the prompts to reset your computer.
In conclusion, the â€œworking on updates 100% completeâ€ issue can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can do to fix it. Try waiting it out, restarting your computer, booting into Safe Mode, using System Restore, or resetting your computer. If none of these steps work, you might need to seek professional help.
In conclusion, I hope that the steps I provided were helpful in resolving the “working on updates 100% complete” issue on your Windows computer. Remember to always back up your important files before attempting any major changes to your system. If you continue to experience problems, don’t hesitate to seek professional assistance.
- How to Choose the Right Platform to Build an eCommerce - February 15, 2024
- How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 11 or Windows 10 ISO file - February 12, 2024
- How to fix error code 0X800CCC0F - February 12, 2024