Command prompt window appears out of nowhere then suddenly disappears. Says something about Driver Setup Utility
If you are experiencing a sudden appearance of a command prompt window that disappears just as quickly, it could be due to a number of reasons. One possible cause is a driver setup utility that is running in the background. This utility is responsible for installing and updating drivers on your computer.
Here are some possible solutions to fix the problem:
1. Check for malware: Malware can cause unexpected behavior on your computer, including the appearance of command prompt windows. Run a full system scan using your antivirus software to check for any malware infections.
2. Disable startup programs: Some programs may be set to run automatically when you start your computer, including the driver setup utility. To disable startup programs, press the Windows key + R, type “msconfig” and press Enter. In the System Configuration window, go to the Startup tab and uncheck any programs that you don’t need to run at startup.
3. Update drivers: If the driver setup utility is causing the problem, try updating your drivers manually. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your hardware.
4. Use System File Checker: System File Checker is a built-in tool in Windows that can scan for and repair corrupted system files. To use it, open a command prompt as an administrator and type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
5. Reset Windows: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reset Windows to its default settings. This will remove all your personal files and installed programs, so make sure to back up your important data before proceeding.
In conclusion, the sudden appearance and disappearance of a command prompt window could be due to a driver setup utility or other underlying issues. By following the above solutions, you can fix the problem and prevent it from happening again.
By following the solutions provided, you should be able to resolve the issue of the command prompt window appearing and disappearing. Remember to run a malware scan, disable unnecessary startup programs, update your drivers, use System File Checker, or reset Windows if necessary. If you continue to experience the problem, seek further assistance from a professional.
- How to Choose the Right Platform to Build an eCommerce - February 15, 2024
- How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 11 or Windows 10 ISO file - February 12, 2024
- How to fix error code 0X800CCC0F - February 12, 2024